Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Craft Wednesday

Christmas is coming! Well, that was not my original inspiration behind today's craft. It just kind of worked out like that. Last week I was at Michael's and bought half a dozen birdhouses for $1.00 each. Good deal! I had planned on taking them on a trip to the mountains to do as a craft with all my little nieces and nephews. Well, I ended up painting them with my older niece, A. I was really pleased with how mine tuned out, so thought I would use it for this week's craft. I gathered a bunch of sticks and broke them down to about an inch long and set them aside. Next, I painted the entire birdhouse as a background color. When the paint dried, I applied a thin coat of wood glue to each side with a sponge brush and then made a small glob of glue on my paper plate. I dipped each stick into the glue and then placed it on the birdhouse. It took about 30 minutes to add sticks to all the sides. Finally I finished it off with a layer of DecoArt Snow-Tex to make it look all warm and cozy and Christmasy. Volia!

No comments:

Post a Comment