Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I Did It

On Sunday I ran my first half marathon! It was awesome. It felt so good to accomplish something that I never really thought I would do. I did not train to hard for it, so I surprised myself when I ran the first 9 miles. At mile 5 my right quad started to tighten and bother me some. I knew it would not go away. I stopped to stretch it a few times, but that did not really help. By mile 9, my hips were super sore so I just had to walk. I was bummed because cardio wise, I felt GREAT. I walked 2 miles and then finished strong and ran to the finish line. It was so awesome coming in and seeing all the people there cheering. And then, I hear my sweet girl scream, "Mommy, Mommy"! Awwww, it made me smile to big! There she was with Dave and they were cheering me on. Across the way I could hear my Mom and Doug screaming for me too. It was great! I highly encourage everyone to do it! It makes you feel so good! I cannot wait till my next one! But for now, I am just resting my bones, man I was sore afterwards and today is better but my hips and knees are pretty achy.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! A half marathon is something I have always wanted to do and I applaud you!

    ReplyDelete