Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Crafts

My family traveled to Kansas City for Thanksgiving, which meant two 15 hour road trips. I am lucky to have a husband who works in the magazine industry and supplies me with lots of free magazines! So, while not entertaining our 2 year old, I read through all the magazines that he gave me. I came across some of the cutest craft ideas, cookie ideas and decorating ideas. I could not wait to get home and put some of them into practice. My first attempt are these Christmas trees. They were super simple. You just need scrapbook paper, scissors, glue and a wooden dowel, or in my case chop sticks. I had trouble getting my trees to stand up on their own so I ended up hot gluing them into these little white bowls. If I had floral foam, I would have used that. You simply cut out three graduating circles, fold them in half four times and clip a tiny hole on the tip to thread the dowel through. For the topper, I made two circles and glued them together, allowing space for the top of the the dowel (chopstick) to go through. So cute, right!

No comments:

Post a Comment