Thursday, November 18, 2010

Trial Run

I still consider myself new to the world of baking. I enjoy baking, so that is why I keep doing it. Plus, K is more than eager to help and it is a fun and easy way to get some good quality time in with her. Next month I am hosting my first cookie decorating party and I am excited about that. I have all kinds of ideas stirring around in my head! This morning, I thought I would do a trial run cookie baking experience. Good thing I did because the sugar cookie recipe that I chose was not that great for cookie cutters. It was too sticky and the cookies would rip while moving them onto the cookie sheet. But, they still tasted pretty yummy. I decided to package a few to take to my Mom and then the rest are going to MOPS club meeting tomorrow. Last week I did not feel like cooking one night, so we ordered take-out Chinese, I saved the containers because they are really nice and I knew I could use them for gifts this season, so that is what the cookies are packaged in. (I add that because so often I see people post pictures of their baked goods in super cute packaging and wonder where they got their containers.) Hey, if you have a good sugar cookie recipe to share please do!



1 comment:

  1. Hey-
    I bet it's hard work to keep up with all these blogs! Nice that this one shows up in my reader though. The only sugar cookie recipe I have had luck with is the one meant for cookie cutters off the martha stewart website. I can't remember what it;s called, but I'm sure you could find it! HOpe you guys are doing well in your new place!

    ReplyDelete