Monday, January 10, 2011

Apparently, Snow Is A BIG Deal In GA

Hello friends. Welcome to snowy side GA. We got a blast of ice and snow last night and the whole state of GA has shut down. That's right, even government buildings friends. Ca-ra-zy. We woke up to a thick layer of ice. Which made for a lot of crunch, crunch under our feet as we went outside to play. It was not good for making snow angels, but quite appropriate for a bit of sledding. We headed out in the first part of the morning, which was not the best idea, but K wouldn't have it any other way. I gave in.....weak. I ended up making a homemade box sled with a rope which was a total blast. She could sit in it and slide down the icy slope in our front yard and I could pull her up and down the street. It was fun for all. It was time to come in when the icy rain started soaking our clothes. Onto the 2nd activity of the day. Welcome to K's Pizza Parlor! A few weeks ago, husband and I picked up this cardboard playhouse for $15.00 at World Market. I saved it for a day like today. We put in a movie and I colored it while K watched Toy Story. She was supposed to help me, but lost interest after a few minutes. But, I enjoyed coloring it. It was kinda fun. After the coloring was done, we put the playhouse together and she was super excited to play in it. Well, looks like we are going to be stuck inside tomorrow too. I have no idea what we will fill our day with. Gotta get creative, otherwise I will just eat.

Our homemade sled. A box and a rope.




After we all took naps, we made my all time favorite! Freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. I went ahead and froze some before I discovered that I had eaten them ALL. Good plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment