Tuesday, December 21, 2010

All things homemade

With a pretty tight budget this year, I have tried very hard to make my own Christmas gifts, decorations, kids clothes and treats. I have had a lot of fun planning and coming up with ideas. I have shared a few of them with you already. Cookie cutter ornaments, paper trees, snow covered pine cones and a snow capped bird house. I wanted to share a few more before Christmas Day passes us by.

Each year I give both Mr. H and K a special ornament that represents something significant from their year. This year, Mr. H took a spur of the moment road trip. That is pretty significant! He went from GA to NM and back, seeing some cool sights along the way. I wanted to find something to represent his trip, but have had trouble finding an ornament that did not cost $15.00 or more. So, I ended up making his this year. I like how it turned out. He loves maps and he loves to drive, so this is perfect for him.

Trying it on for size.

Homemade chocolate chip cookies packaged and ready to deliver. Delicious!

I had plenty of iron on decorations left from last season. I very quickly made this shirt for K to wear to see Santa and to her Christmas party at school. It cost me nothing.

I painted this cute winter scene at my MOPS group for K to hang in her room all season. She thinks it is the best painting ever. She is my biggest fan.

I created a new tradition this year for our advent calendar. I bought 24 mini stockings in November and numbered them 1-24 with red glitter. Each night, K hides a stocking for her little Elf, Thomas to find. If he can find it, he puts a tiny surprise in it for her. Hershey kisses are most appreciated. After she enjoys her treat, she hangs the stocking on the tree.

1 comment:

  1. Daniel, Cymthia, and CameronDecember 22, 2010 at 12:22 AM

    Awesome ideas! I LOVE how you give an ornament that represents something from the year and a handmade one is even better. Very cute! Hiding the stockings sounds like a fun activity to do every night.. I bet K loves it too. I'm really enjoying your blog... Can't wait to see what else you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete